Crew Cab Tipper - 5-Feb-2013
We have available our crew cab tipper for hire so if you need to transport your team call us today for a price.
INSULATED CANTER TIPPERS FOR HIRE - 19-June-2012
We have put some Fuso CANTER Insulated Tippers on the Fleet. These 7.5 t GVW vehicles are ideal for Street works.
If you are interested please ring Anthony on 0151 207 1441.
VEHICLES FOR SALE PAGE - 1-June-2012
- Go to our FOR SALE PAGE by clicking tab on row above.
- See photos of vehicles and items for sale. If interested call or e mail us for futher information and test drive.
CURTAINSIDERS - 17-May-2012
- We are now specialising in certain vehicles, amongst them are Curtainsiders. We have Mercedes Sprinter Curtainsiders as well as 7.5 tonne and HGV. Some of the trucks have tail lifts. We believe we are Merseysides biggest hirer of these vehicles. So if you want one give Anthony or John a ring
NO INSURANCE COVER. - 23-Feb-2012
Sorry folks, but at present TILLY HIRE cannot offer insurance with our hire fleet. Due to a number of Fraudulant and exaggerated Insurance Claims over the past three years, our existing Insurance Company has been unable to offer economic terms to us. SO AT PRESENT CUSTOMERS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN FULLY COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE.
NEW 7.5T TIPPER FOR HIRE - 22-Feb-2012
7.5T tippers for hire
Iveco 75E16 tippers
we offer excellent competitive rate of hire please call the office on 0151 207 1441 for a quote.
BYE BYE PAPER LICENCES - 4-Jan-2012
Paper licences are to be scrapped for all drivers by 2015 as the government seeks to cut red tape, as well as encouraging more on-line transactions.
For hauliers however, September 2014 will be the effective date for changing over to photocard licences. This is because the Driver Qualification Card (DQC) needed to drive most trucks legally, will not be issued unless the applicant holds a photocard licence.
Insurance certificates are also on their way out as the government aims to move to a system for paying vehicle excise duty where the DVLA’s records will be matched on-line against the Motor Insurance Database (MID).
It is also planned that hard-copy V5C vehicle registration certificates for fleet operators will only be issued when needed, with the potential for this to be rolled out to private motorists.
On top of this the DfT is looking at bringing in a limited exemption from drivers’ hours rules so that those who also drive as Territorial Army reservists in their own time can continue to do so.
TWIN CAB TIPPERS - 1-Dec-2011
We have at long last received delivery of our first TWIN CAB Tipper. Pictures on FACEBOOK
The boss tells us this is the first of double cab and extra seat vans.
Please ring if these are what you are looking for. He even talks about a Welfare Unit.
LIVERPOOL BRAZILIAN CARNIVAL PARADE - 16-July-2010
Greetings Tilly will taking part in the liver brazilian carnival on staurday 17th July..
Don't miss out on the fun come along and join us party the night away.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CUSTOMERS - 16-June-2010
From the 1st July 2010 if you use a van or large trailer to take household waste to Formby, Sefton Meadows, South Sefton, Southport or Otterspool Husehold Waste Recycling Centres.
YOU WILL NEED A PERMIT
Every householdr can apply for an ANNUAL PERMIT. This covers frequently arising recycable waste like garden clippings, newspapers, cans etc.
If you want to dispose of bulky household items like TVs, rubble or furniture you will need a TEMPORARY PERMIT.
Both Permits are free and you can apply for either by ringing 0151 236 0305 or logging on to www.merseysidewda.gov.uk
ATTENTION: HIRER INFORMATION - 10-May-2010
We will no longer hier to customers below the age of 25 and we will also be asking for deposits of £100 from now on.
we also do not accept cash anymore all payments must be made by credit or debit card.
Now you can follow us on Facebook - 25-Feb-2010
keep up to date with Tilly hire on our facebook page
New News Story - 23-Feb-2010
Hello and welcome to Tilly hire the home of great value for money on van hire. My name is Anthony; I have recently joined the company, from a customer focused background, my aim is to provide the very best service at Tilly hire. And to ensure as a business we can offer a services and products second to none.
I look forward to seeing you
Transit Tippers & Dropsiders - 7-Feb-2010
Dropsiders and Tippers. We are busy with Vans but still have dropside pickups and tippers available. So to tempt you we have reduced our daily price to £75 and £325 for a week including Vat and insurance. Even cheaper if you book on line Gis a go.
Drivers CPC - 1-Aug-2009
- Customers are coming into our office and saying that from last September they can't drive C1 and bigger vehicles ( thats anything bigger than 3.5tonne Vans)., as they don't have driver's CPC
- THIS IS RUBBISH.
- Drivers using the vehicle for personal use such as moving own house are exempt. Also any driver carrying materials or equipment for the use of the driver in the course of his work, providing that driving the vehicle is not the driver's principle activity. Also any fitter/mechanic road testing the vehicle.
- The idea behind the Driver's CPC is a good one you need to do 35 hours training in a 5 year period. So new holders of the C or higher licence need to undertake training straight away. But if YOU ALREADY HOLD YOUR LICENCE you only need to undertake the Training by 10th Sept 2014.
- This training, as I understand, needs to be any training associated with your particular driving Job. I understand from that that Boyce Transport Drivers can undertake Hi Ab training and that counts. So don't go for the first course you hear of ask the Driving Standard Agency.
- We have copies of a relevant article in the office so please call in for one.
- No Panic if existing C1 or higher licenceholder, and gradual training if new to the industry.
18 Tonne Curtainsider - 15-Feb-2009
Need a proper Truck. hire our Scania Sleeper,Curtainsider. With or without a driver.Give John a ring and he will give you a Credit Crunching Price.
OWN INSURANCE - 19-Jan-2009
If you are hiring for more than a week or two often the biggest cost saving you can make is to Insure the vehicle yourself. Our insurance is for any named driver, by being specific you can tailor your insurance to your specific needs.
However don't forget to add the vehicle to the insurance database. Check with www.askmid.com to find if your vehicles are insured. If your vehicles are on a nonspecified policy the reg. nos still need to be given to the Motor Industry Database, (MID) ask your broker for further information